It is time for our virtual incubator delegation to Germany! This year, GINSEP supported by the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) has joined forces with CEFE International under the umbrella of the MSME Innovation project implemented by GIZ on behalf of the Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and supported by the Indian Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MoMSME) to support Indian incubators to explore the German market, learn from best-practices, increase their capacities, develop internationalisation programs for their startups and identify potential partners in the German startup ecosystem. Between May 19th to June 4th, during two dedicated days per week 3-4h each day, 15 selected Indian incubators will have the chance to peek behind the doors of some of the German markets leading incubators and other ecosystem players. We will lead your incubator from understanding the peculiarities of the German market to creating an actual internationalisation plan, designed to support startups in your cohort to venture into international market. Additionally, we will provide capacity building sessions to make your incubator internationally succesful. We will then conclude our 3–week program with a matchmaking session where you can connect directly with German incubators, corporates, R&D institutes, and other potential partners, to make your plans reality. Have we caught your attention? Read further information below!
1: Introduction & Regional Overview (19.5. & 21.5.)
19 May 09:30-10:30 (CET) / 13:00-14:00 (IST) Introduction: Incubator Virtual Tour
Introduction of the team; outline of the program; objectives of the program; introduction participants; rules of the program
19 May 10:30-13:00 (CET) / 14:00-15:00 (IST) Presentation: Regional Opportunities
Introduction to Germany as a Startup Destination and Ecosystem overview
21 May 9:30-11:00 (CET) / 13:00-14:30 (IST) Workshop: Intercultural Collaboration
How to identify & approach organizations for collaboration and understand the peculiarities of German organizations
21 May 11:00-12:30 (CET) / 14:30-16:00 (IST) Presentation: Setting up an incubator or a business in Germany
How to set up a startup & an incubator in Germany; broad overview, legal forms and general information; useful resources
2: Capacity Building (26.5. & 28.5.)
26 May 11:00-13:00 (CET) / 14:30-16:30 (IST) Workshop: Real Life Success Story: Online Incubation, Beyond Brick and Mortar and COVID19
How to build a successful online incubation program; lessons learned during Covid19
28 May 09:30-11:00 (CET) / 13:00-14:30 (IST) Workshop: Working with Partners
How to identify potential partners along the different startup phases (from R&D to corporates)
3: Internationalisation (2.6. & 4.6.)
02 June 09:00-10:30 (CET) / 12:30-14:00 (IST) Presentation: Real Life Success Story: Factors in successful internationalization of incubators
Learning from incubator professionals how to internationalise in terms of operations but also programs for startups
02 June 10:30-13:30 (CET) / 14:00-17:00 (IST) Workshop: Market Access Strategy
How to build an internationalization strategy for incubators, and for startups
04 June 09:30-12:30 (CET) / 13:00-16:00 (IST) Matchmaking Session with German organizations
Matchmaking Session, elevator pitches (max 60 seconds) to get to know each other, then one-on-one sessions with German corporates, R&D institutes, incubators, etc.
What is the theme?
- The Virtual Incubator Tour will run online over a period of 3 weeks, with 2 session of 3-4 hours per week, and is open to incubators that have demonstrated some scale and potential to internationalise in terms of scaling, working with partners and setting up internationalisation programs for startups. We are especially interested in candidates that have a logical connection to the German market, and a pipeline of incubatees that fit the part.
- A total of 15 spots are available to be part of the entire Incubator Trip (including matchmaking sessions).
- You will get an opportunity to develop your knowledge further, expand your services, optimize your business model, validate your expansions plans, exchange ideas, develop synergies, meet potential partners, and build an internationally active incubator.
What are the key value propositions for the applicants?
- Access to tools that can help you build a more competitive incubator through business expertise, international networks and matchmaking
- Possibility to discuss collaboration and formation of joint working teams
- Cross-continental connections and partnerships
- One-on-One interactions with leading experts and intermediaries with significant on ground experience in Germany
- Raising your profile and visibility through media publicity
What are the qualification criteria?
While each of you is unique and will be different, we are on the lookout for incubators with
- Existing & validated business model
- Commitment and interest to identify partner in Germany
- Clearly defined interest in cross-border collaboration and demonstrated potential benefit from and to the Incubator Tour
What are the key dates?
- Register until 15th May 2021 (23:59 CET). In case the number of registrations goes beyond 15, we will do a selection identifying the most promising incubators.
Virtual Incubator Tour
- The Incubator Trip starts on 19th May, and runs for 3 weeks total, with 2 sessions per week, each session takes 3-4 hours, with sessions until 4th June 2021. The program will typically run between 1PM-4PM IST. The program requires a full-attendance commitment. If you register for the Incubator Delegation Trip, please make sure that you are available during all sessions.
What is expected of the incubators?
We expect that you will
- Attend all workshops, meet ups and session (total time commitment of about 24 hours during the course of 3 weeks)
- Prepare for the matchmaking session with what you have learned during the program
- Further work on the strategic plans developed in the framework of the tour
- Provide your feedback and ideas for future collaboration after the program
CEFE International GmbH