Increasing Diversity and Inclusion in Incubators and Accelerators
Despite the benefits of diversity, most startups struggle to attract and retain a diverse workforce. Incubators and accelerators play a critical role in this regard, as they can help startups be equipped with the right tools to find people from diverse backgrounds. However, many startup programs lack appropriate methods to put inclusion and diversity on the agenda of their startup incubatees. At the same time, incubators, accelerators, and other innovation intermediaries often lack their own inclusive diversity strategies to lead by example. To address this issue, GINSEP, in collaboration with CEFE International and with support from GIZ, is conducting a webinar for incubators, accelerators, and innovation intermediaries to discuss:
- How to implement inclusive startup programs?
- How to develop inclusive strategies for incubators and accelerators to promote diversity and inclusion?
- How to actively integrate disadvantaged, vulnerable and discriminated groups into startup programs?
- How to address and defuse bias in startup programs when issues arise and
- What are tools and methods available to reduce bias and prejudices?
Our discussion will be joined by Rainer Seider (Head of Unit Internationalization, Berlin Government, Senate Department for Economics, Energy and Public Enterprises), Laila Partridge (Managing Director, STANLEY + Techstars Accelerator), Monica Wheat (Managing Director, Techstars Equitech) and Shubham Singh (Co-Founder & CEO, CRASTE). To register for the event, click on the link at the right side.
13:30 (CET)/17:00 (IST) - 15:00 (CET)/18:30 (IST)