“To me, digitalization is all about the people, not only technologies.”
Markus started his career at Daimler in 1998 and has experience in the areas of Marketing and Product Management, Globalization and Regional Strategies, Cooperations and Alliances as well as in the field of Strategic Planning and Implementation. Since 2011 Markus is responsible for the Digital Transformation at Daimler from a corporate level. His main responsibilities contain:
- Definition of the Digital Strategy including the overall digitalization framework, digital roadmap as well as scouting of digital trends, startups and potential partnerships;
- Accompanying the generation of ideas internally and externally and anchor this innovation culture process through events and platforms such as the DigitalLife Open Space, the DigitalLife Innovation Camps or the DigitalLife Crowd Ideas Platform;
- Enabling employees to experience digitalization through DigitalLife Days, international roadshows, talks and workshops together with partners in the functions, divisions and regions: (one of the success stories is the long-lasting partnership with Manu Saale & Mercedes-Benz Research & Development India);
- Implementation of internal collaboration with digital platforms (e.g. Daimler Social Intranet) as well as promotion of agile collaboration working methods;
- Communications and positioning of company-wide digitalization topics on tech and digital events (such as Mobile World Congress, SXSW, Tech Open Air).
More about DigitalLife@Daimler: